Every year, lakhs of candidates register for this much-awaited NEET exam with loads of dreams. But only a small population of 50 to 60% of applicants could clear it. There is a pile of online and offline content available for NEET which must be utilised properly. With proper materials and a planner, it shouldn’t be tough to crack this exam.
The upcoming NEET exam date has been set for 17 July, for which the registrations commenced on 6 April and lasted till 20 May.
NEET is a national-level test conducted by India’s premier testing agency, the NTA. It is a pre-medical entrance exam for individuals who want to pursue undergraduate dental, medical and AYUSH courses in India as well as abroad. This exam has scrapped previous other medical entrance tests like AIPMT and other exams conducted by medical institutes like AIIMS, CMC and JIPMER. As it is the only common entrance exam, one can expect heavy competition. Individuals who wish to attend this exam can find the NEET application form 2022 on the official website of NTA. The official dates have already been notified by the exam conducting body. Follow this article to find more tips and preparation strategies to crack this highly competitive exam.
It is not just sheer hard work that will help students attain success. Smart and focused planning also plays a vital role in determining it. The following are some golden tips to score well and crack the NEET 2022 attempt.
- Create a realistic and achievable timetable with proper breaks in between. Make sure that the study planner motivates students to study further. After completing a tough or bulk concept, reward oneself with a long recharging break or nap.
- The first step toward making an achievable timetable is to understand the syllabus. NEET mostly covers NCERT concepts. Thus, make sure the planner prioritises NCERT chapters and then moves to other study materials.
- Though students have standard textbooks and study materials, it is mandatory to maintain a rough book which has hand-written notes. This will help them during revisions.
- The most important step is to work on previous years’ NEET question papers. There is a considerable chance for some questions to get repeated. Also, try to attempt as many mock tests as possible. This will not just help students to learn new concepts but also helps in time management.
- Rigorous preparation is always aided by proper coaching. Choose online or offline coaching as per the time, money and need students to have.
Always remember that anything is possible with a healthy body and an optimistic mind. Eat antioxidant and iron-rich foods and get enough physical exercise to stay fit and face the exam. Most importantly, get the 7 to 8 hours of daily sleep cycle right.
Coaching centres help aspirants to achieve the set goal in a given time period. It might be difficult for some individuals to focus on board exams and NEET simultaneously. This is when the NEET coaching centres come to aid. They provide students with study planners, materials and mock question papers and cover most of the points mentioned above. This eases the student’s effort. Also, make sure to choose a coaching centre with well-trained and experienced faculties. Proper mentoring will make it half easy.
Choosing online or offline coaching is up to the individual. But the criteria to check while choosing them are – affordability, accessibility, the standard of study materials and dedicated mentors. Also, verify that students get personalised attention and feedback from the coaching team. Remember that there is a number of free content available online that will also help them in this process.