Various forms of update-related error codes keep annoying QuickBooks users. On such error is QuickBooks error PS058, which generally occurs while downloading or installing a payroll update. In this article, we shall be dealing with all the aspects of the error, including its causes and various troubleshooting measures. So, stay glued till the end.
QuickBooks Error Code PS058: Principal Causes
Below are given the potential causes of this error code:
- Windows Explorer files in your system may be corrupted.
- Access to QuickBooks accounting software is being blocked by your system firewall or other security software.
- QuickBooks files got damaged or corrupted.
- Your company file is not available on your local drive.
Troubleshooting measures to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
Let us now get you acquainted with the various fixative measures for annihilating payroll Error PS058 in QuickBooks.
1: Examining any problems in the Company File
- Initially, open QuickBooks and then open the product information by hitting the F2 key.
- Now, while the Product Information window is active, this time around hit F3.
- Now, click on Open File and double-click on the qbwin.log file.
- The next step is to hit on Ctrl + F keys to reveal the find box.
- Herein, you need to type in the error code which you encountered.
- Comply with the on-screen troubleshooting instructions to fix Error code PS058 in QuickBooks.
2: Running the reboot.bat File
- Open the Task Manager initially by hitting together the Alt, Ctrl, and Del keyboard keys.
- Then, head for Process tab.
- Opt for the QuickBooks processes and end each program individually.
- Afterward, hit on Start, and then type ‘’reboot.bat’’
- Hit the Enter soon after.
- The next step is to open this file by double-clicking it.
- Once the procedure is finished, close it.
- Now, check if this measure sorted out the error
3: Inspect the Payroll Subscription
- Launch QuickBooks.
- The step in the beginning is to opt for the Employees tab.
- Point the mouse at the Manage Payroll Service Key option under My Payroll Service.
- Check to see that your 12-digit Payroll Service Key is typed correctly while on the Add Payroll window.
- Select Finish after choosing Next.
- Select Sync License Data Online under Manage my License on the Help tab by scrolling down.
- Now, follow the directions below to activate your inactive Payroll subscription. Depending on your Payroll version, the steps can change a little.
- Select the Employee menu tab in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Account/ Billing Info by hovering over My Payroll Service.
- Log into your QuickBooks Account using your Intuit login information.
- To finish the process, click the Re-subscribe option in the Status area and then adhere to the instructions.
4: Downloading updates for QuickBooks once again
- The foremost step is to shut down all running applications on your computer and launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, opt for Get Payroll Updates option from the Employees button.
- Thereafter, hit the checkbox next to Download Entire Update.
- Now, tap on the Download Latest Update.
- Hold off installing the update until the application notifies you that the download is complete.
- Restart your PC and open QuickBooks.
5: Use RegCure and follow the provided steps
- You need to open Task Manager.
- Then find qbupdate.exe and qbdagent.exe in the program list.
- After finding them, you need to close.
- Then type reboot.bat in the research windows.
- After that you need to double click on the file and DOS type shell will open.
- You have to wait to get closed by its own.
- At end restart your computer and download payroll updates.
You may also read : What Is Meant by Android Mobile?
We hope you are now able to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error PS058 using the above given methods. However, you can also take help from our QuickBooks payroll support team by dialing helpline 1-800-761-1787. They will be more happy to help you.