Taking a screenshot is too difficult nowadays! Ask me why? ave you noticed the quality of screenshots that the tool provides? Sometimes, it’s quite a bad right! It becomes hard to find small alphabets, icons, or other details from screenshots. Do you know how to take a quality screenshot on your Windows PC? Well, don’t worry, in this blog, I have got you some simple and yet effective ways to take a screenshot on your Windows PC.
Effective methods for taking screenshots on Windows PC
In this section, we will explain 6 effective methods for taking high-quality screenshots on Windows PC.
1. By using TweakShot
Gone were the days wherein people used to find screenshots taking process a difficult one! Now you can easily get software that not only helps users in taking screenshots but also helps in editing, recording video, and screen color picking at the same time. Out of all screenshot software, I have got you the best one! In this section, we are going to take the help of TweakShot to capture the screen on your Windows PC. first of all, you will have to download TweakShot to proceed further. After downloading, you can also use the trial version.
For downloading TweakShot on your Windows PC, click here: TweakShot Screen Capture
After downloading and installing the software, you can quickly familiarize yourself with its functions, tools and settings. This software is equipped with various tools like app double click, capture region, single windows capture, capture full screen, capture scrolling window, scrolling window capture, capture video, and color picker.
After taking a quick tour, you can use the toolbar for taking screenshots on your Windows PC. Moreover, you can edit them and save them at the same time. Overall, it’s a one-stop tool for every work related to screenshots.
2. By using Print Screen Key
If you want to take screenshots without software, you can use the “Print Screen” key for taking screenshots on your Windows PC. It is the simplest way for capturing the screen on your Windows PC. You can find this key on your keyboard as “PrtScn” or as “Print Screen” directly. It is mostly located in the top right row after the function keys. In order to take a screenshot, you will just simply have to press the button or alternatively, you can also press “Alt+PrtScn or “Window+Shift+S.” moreover, after that, you can also press the “Window+PrtScn” button for saving the taken screenshot.
3. By using the Snipping Tool
A snipping tool is an in-built tool that is completely free to use and provided by Microsoft. You can use this tool for taking a screenshot and can directly save it from the toolbar. In order to use the snipping tool in your Windows 10, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the start menu and open the Snipping Tool.
- From the drop-down button, you can select the type of screenshot you wish to take.
- To take a screenshot, click on “New” and drag your mouse to take a screenshot in your Windows.
- After taking the desired screenshot, press the save button. If you want, you can edit the screenshot from there as well.
4. By using Snip & Sketch Function
On your Windows PC, there is an app named “Snip and Sketch.” You can use this app for taking screenshots in an easy manner. If it is not installed on your PC yet, don’t worry you can download it from the Microsoft Store as well. With the help of this app, users can also annotate their screenshots. Additionally, it also comes with editing tools like a pen, crop button, and more.
5. By using Game Bar
This feature helps in overlaying and this feature can be used by taking the help of Windows games for taking screenshots and it can also be used for recording the screen. Follow the below-mentioned steps to use the Game Bar for taking screenshots:
- ● Begin the process, by starting a game from the Start menu or you can also use the “Xbox Console Companion Program” to start the game.
- While playing the game, you will have to press “Windows+G.” By doing this, the overlay will appear on the screen.
- Now, proceed by clicking on the camera icon for taking a screenshot. Herein, you can also use a shortcut “Windows+Alt+PrtScn.”
- Voila, that’s it. This feature will take a screenshot of the screen and the screenshot is going to be saved in the “Videos” folder and it will be added to the subfolder named “Captures.”
- Additionally, if users are playing the game through Steam, users can also press “f11” for taking a screenshot. The taken screenshot is going to be automatically added to the screenshots folder under Steam.
I hope this blog helps you with the simple and effective ways to take a screenshot on your Windows PC.
Thanks for reading!