YouTube is one of the most popular online video streaming platforms in the world. It offers a library of videos that can be watched offline, making them perfect for when you don’t have access to an internet connection. In this article, we’ll show you how to download YouTube videos onto your Mac so that you can watch them offline.
How to download YouTube videos to watch offline on Mac
Looking to watch your favorite YouTube videos offline on your Mac? There are a few ways to do this, and it all depends on the video format and codec you’re using.
To download YouTube videos in MP4 format for offline viewing:
- Open the YouTube video you want to download.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the video screen.
- Select “Download Video As…” from the menu that appears.
- In the “Download Video As” window that appears, select “MP4.”
- Click the blue “Save” button to download the video to your Mac.
- Double-click the downloaded MP4 file to open it in QuickTime Player (or another video player of your choosing).
- To play the downloaded video offline, open QuickTime Player and click on the file name (without the “.mp4” extension). QuickTime will ask if you want to open the file with its default player or open it in a new window/tab; choose “New Window/Tab.” The downloaded video will play in its own window/tab, just as if you had downloaded it from YouTube directly.
To download YouTube videos
How to download YouTube videos on a PC
YouTube is a great source of video content, and it’s easy to watch videos offline on a PC.
To download a YouTube video to watch offline, open YouTube on your computer.
Click the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and select “History” from the menu.
On the History page, click the “Download videos” link under the “History by hour” section.
Select the video you want to download and click “Download.”
If the file is large, YouTube may ask you to choose a download location.
When the file is downloaded, open it in iTunes or another video player.
How to automatically download YouTube videos
If you’re looking to enjoy YouTube videos offline on your Mac, you need to follow these detailed steps.
- Open YouTube and sign in.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
- Under “History,” select “Download videos and play them later.”
- Select the type of download you want to do: “All videos,” “My favs,” or “From history.”
- In the list that appears, click on a video you want to download.
- If the video has a green checkmark next to it, it’s been downloaded and can be played immediately. Otherwise, it’ll need to be downloaded first.
- Click on the link that appears in the bottom right corner of the video window, and it’ll open in a new tab or window.
How do I download a YouTube video to my computer for free?
If you’re looking for a way to download YouTube videos for free, you can use a variety of methods. The simplest way is to open YouTube and go to the video you want to download. Click the three lines in the top left corner of the video, and select “Download video.” You’ll then be prompted to choose a file format.
You can also use a third-party app like MerryWatch to download videos. MerryWatch offers a variety of download options, including an option to auto-delete videos after they’ve been downloaded.
Which video downloader is best for Mac?
There are many video downloaders for Mac, and the best one for you depends on your needs. Some popular ones include VideoLAN’s VLC media player and QuickTime Player, Adobe’s Flash Player, and Microsoft’s Windows Media Player.
To download a video using VLC, open the app and select “File” then “Open File…” Navigate to the video you want to download and select it. The app will then start downloading the video.
To download a video using QuickTime Player, first click on the QuickTime icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and select “Play Video.” Then select the video you want to download from the list of files onscreen. The app will then start downloading the video.
To download a video using Flash Player, first click on the Flash icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and select “Video Downloader.” Then select the video you want to download from the list of files onscreen. The app will then start downloading the video.
To download a video using Windows Media Player, first open Windows Media Player and click on “File” then “Open File…” Select the video you want to download from the list of files